Dog-Friendly Vacation Rentals, LLC
About Château Frankie
Chateau Frankie is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath log cabin with a fenced dog yard, located in Bentonville, Virginia close to Shenandoah State River Park, Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Drive, Luray Caverns, and LOTS of dog-friendly adventures!
- 2 bedrooms (one king, one queen)
- 2 full baths (master has jacuzzi tub and shower)
- linens and bath towels provided
- Central AC
- covered porch
- deck with grill and seating
- fenced dog yard
- large dog crate provided (plus other amenities just for your dog!)
- basement with futon, large screen TV, huge selection of DVDs, puzzles, games, and books
- free library, writing study
- full kitchen with everything you need to prepare delicious meals
- one mile to back country entrance to Shenandoah National Park
- three miles from Shenandoah River State park (and a public boat launch for canoes, kayaks, tubes)
- ten miles from Front Royal
- fifteen miles from Luray
- Chateau Frankie has NO WIFI, however AT&T, T-mobile, and Sprint cell service works well in the area, with a signal strong enough for hot spots. The cabin has an AT&T phone for domestic calls and emergencies.
Ready to Rent?
Read all the reviews on Facebook.
I had the pleasure of staying at Chateau Frankie with dear friends (human and furry) for a girls weekend. What a beautiful, peaceful setting! You know as soon as you start up the driveway that you are in for a special, private retreat. We felt right at home the minute we walked in the door.
The log cabin has comfortable furniture and tasteful decor, perfect for people and dogs alike. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need to prepare meals. Every evening we enjoyed dinner and wine on the covered porch overlooking the yard and woods. We all agreed that the mattresses and bedding are super comfortable. That in combination with the quiet surroundings gave me the best night’s sleep I have had in months.
The lower level was perfect for our puzzle, games, and movie nights. The indoor “dog house” adds such an adorable touch to this home. The fenced backyard was huge and our pup enjoyed running and playing off leash. We enjoyed the surrounding area for hiking, dining out, and even visited a winery.
The information Cara left for all the dog friendly activities in the area was so helpful. I highly recommend this unique dog friendly home. We are already planning our trip back to the Shenandoah Valley and Chateau Frankie!
Spent a lovely rainy weekend at Chateau Frankie. The cabin is cozy and beautifully done- the attention to detail is amazing. We especially loved sitting on the covered porch and watching the rain. Our dogs loved it- it’s more than “dog-friendly” I’d call it “dog-welcoming.” We managed to get a glimpse of the local bear while sitting on the porch, and my dog was thrilled to find a turtle on one of our walks. I definitely recommend it for a relaxing getaway!
-Erin from Virginia
A wonderful home in a great location, plus dogs are welcome! What more could one want? How about a swimming hole close by and access to Shenandoah National Park…and so much more. Plus the dogs met their first frog.Spacious rooms · Thoughtful amenities.
-Sally from DC